Macintosh OS/Safari Causes Excessive Drive Activity

Bill wrote at 2013-03-02 16:12:29
I want to post a followup to describe what solved this problem.

Using the sudo fs_usage command in the Terminal revealed that there was constant webbookmark file activity by Safari.  After removing the Bookmarks.plist file from ~/Library/Safari/ problem was resolved. This does cause loss of the current bookmarks but prior to removal of the bookmark file, I exported the bookmarks using Safari's File menu option as an html file to save these bookmarks in a searchable archival form.

Macintosh OS

David Anders

Seattle - The Computer Guy - 15 yr veteran Mac/PC/network problem solving. Clients are design firms, artists, freelancers and photographers. PLEASE PLEASE provide EXACT info for Mac Model and OS Version. RAM installed - added cards - external devices - recent changes. Do you do MONTHLY MAINTENANCE? With what Utility? What you have tried and what result do you want.

First computer experience 1969. Worked in 3 computer stores. Setup First Mac and First IBM-PC.