Macintosh OS/Hard drive icon

I have a new iMac and at some point the hard drive stop showing up on the desk top or under "go/computer" in the file min. I see it over the net and I can open a new finder window of it.I have tried going to the finder/preference/show hard disk, and also under the sidebar.
I also Have reloaded the OS.

Kevin D.

I see some other people with the same problem here:

I see for one person, they had to buy the program DiskWarrior from Alsoft to fix the problem - but that seems extreme (although I love DiskWarrior myself).

I'm surprised reloading the OS didn't find the problem.

I'm not sure what to suggest next.

Macintosh OS

John Allen

I can answer most Mac and related questions. I still use OS 9 from time to time as well as OS X 10.4 through 10.7. Let me know me what model Mac you use and what version of OS X you use since many times it is helpful to know (10.5/Leopard, 10.7/Lion, etc).

I've been a Mac fan since 1990 when I first got a Mac SE/30. Been using Macs at home and at work ever since.

None at this time.

None. Just ran across this Mac tutorial application for Mac users running OS X 10.7 or later:

I've been working for the last 12 years as an Macintosh I.T. administrator at an advertising agency.

I did take a Apple certification test 5+ years ago.

Help neighbors with their PC's and Mac's. Ran a Macintosh bulletin board system for many years. I've lately been asking a lot of questions to the AllExperts linux gurus, and thought I would try my hand and give back by answering questions about Macs.