Macintosh OS/mac mail

Hi John, thanks for your time. I am wondering how to stop mail from automatically correcting my spelling. In preferences under composing i have checked 'never' re checking spelling, but this does not stop it. Any further ideas?
thanks, Janet

Here is something to try Janet:

Go to the Apple menu -> System Preferences.

Click on "Language & Text." Click the Text tab at the top and then you can check or uncheck 'Correct spelling automatically.' In order for this to take effect, your apps must be quit and then relaunched. Upon relaunch, the correct default state for auto-correct will be set.

Macintosh OS

John Allen

I can answer most Mac and related questions. I still use OS 9 from time to time as well as OS X 10.4 through 10.7. Let me know me what model Mac you use and what version of OS X you use since many times it is helpful to know (10.5/Leopard, 10.7/Lion, etc).

I've been a Mac fan since 1990 when I first got a Mac SE/30. Been using Macs at home and at work ever since.

None at this time.

None. Just ran across this Mac tutorial application for Mac users running OS X 10.7 or later:

I've been working for the last 12 years as an Macintosh I.T. administrator at an advertising agency.

I did take a Apple certification test 5+ years ago.

Help neighbors with their PC's and Mac's. Ran a Macintosh bulletin board system for many years. I've lately been asking a lot of questions to the AllExperts linux gurus, and thought I would try my hand and give back by answering questions about Macs.