Macintosh OS/Macbook update?

Question
Hello!

I have recently acquired an old macbook (2.1) off a friend. It currently has OS 10.4.11 and says it is fully updated when i go to 'software update..', when obviously it isn't as its only tiger.I have found that i can't install most software because the system is so outdated. They all require 'leopard' to run the programs.  I have searched the internet and i cannot find an answer to weather its actually possible to update the old macbook?

The details of this macbook are as follows;
MAC OS X 10.4.11
1.83 GHz intel core 2 duo
512MB 667 MHZ DDR2 SDRAM
1983-2007

Thankyou for your time

Jordan

Answer
Hi, Jordan,

What I'm reading shows you can use 10.7.5 as the highest system for the MacBook 2.1.  If you are still not comfortable, or just to check up that the info I found was correct, I would call an Apple Store and ask them the highest system for the model you have.  Or, if you have a Genius Bar nearby, sign up to talk to one of the geniuses.  They cost nothing and are a huge help.

But, I'm confident that you can go to 10.7.5.

Debba  

Macintosh OS

Debba Robinson