Macintosh OS/Pages Formulas

Pages Table
Pages Table  
Hey Tony,

I was wondering if you could help me figure out a formula for a billing template on Pages. I have worked with excel a tiny bit in the past, but Pages is very new to me.

I'll attach a pic to go with my question.

I want to have the total spot at the bottom of the table show EITHER the sum of B2+B3 IF there are values there OR if there are NO Values in B2orB3, the sum of B6-B7-B8.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you can help out, if not, point me in the right direction?

seems like a simple question, but I had a hell of a time trying to find the answer in the Pages instruction manual.... :|

Hi Nancy

I have only used Pages within the iWork suite for page layout/design. Would you not have an easier time using a combination of Numbers (the iWork version of Excel) and integrate such with your Pages template? Or I am right in guessing that Pages should just be able to do all that you need?

Either way I'm a spreadsheet and formula dunce... whether in Excel or iWork... and unable to offer first hand advice. Apologies.

Try the following links and ask your question (or search for a solution):

Sorry that I cannot help personally.

Good luck. Let me know how you get on (just in case I reeive similar questions in future).

Macintosh OS

Retired Mac user.

A Macintosh user since the release of the Macintosh II. I am patient, diligent and a good researcher. If I don`t know the answer I will find someone who does.

Apple Certified Help Desk Specialist Apple Certified Desktop Technician