Macintosh OS/iMovie Exporting Error!!!- (heap zone)

Question
QUESTION: imovie problem:
Error: Not enough room in the heap zone.
The error shows up when I try to export this 3 minute movie. I have tried every single type of exporting and none of them work.

I have tried everything- i have enough space on my computer and other videos export just fine.
I think a file in my event is corrupted and I cannot fix it!

(I have changed the title, cleared space, duplicated project, deleted preferences, edited movie, rebooted, different types of exporting)

(mac os x) (imovie 9.0.8)

ANSWER: Olivia,

I don't know if I can help on this. It's not a lack of wanting to - rather, it's that you have done the 'major' things.

In reading over other people's problems I found these among others.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3031107?start=0&tstart=0
http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/113404/Why+wont+imovie+let+me+export+Heap+zon.

But let's try some other ideas and sleuthing that I didn't see in the thread.

First, everything else works (you said it, I'm just confirming it.)
Have you tried copying the clips into a new project and seeing if it goes away?
Are any of the clips not from your camera (that would mean in some way shape or form downloading form the internet. No judgements, just need to find out if you're using clips you didn't create.)
Do you have perian installed

Let me know and we'll go from there.

QUESTION: Hi!
Thanks for trying to help, yes I have tried copying clips and no, all of the clips are videos that i recorded myself. I tried all of the stuff that was written in that forum and all the others forums.

What I did do was try to replace the events in the finder window with identical versions of them that perhaps weren't corrupt. I reopened imovie maybe twice, and now the project shows some clips as missing and some clips as not missing. I copied over the clips that said that they were not missing into a new project. As a test run, I exported it to itunes and it worked. So I guess the corrupt clips are the ones that show as missing? So I am just re-editing the whole project now, reinserting the missing files.
So this has officially taken 10 times longer to finish this video than I have originally planned, but I guess this is my only option.

But thanks for helping me out, I appreciate your quick response.

-Olivia

Answer
Olivia,

On the sad side, I've done 100x more tedious work while editing (once I had to add 2 min, 3 sec and 7 frames to each clips timecode).  Over 200 clips. No way to automate it either.

This one sentence is important:
>the project shows some clips as missing and some clips as not missing. I copied over the clips that said that they were not missing into a new project. As a test run, I exported it to itunes and it worked. So I guess the corrupt clips are the ones that show as missing?

Likely, yes, they're the ones that are corrupt. If you're feeling really crazy, you could track them down, open them, export them via QuickTime (yes, each one, by hand) and see if iMovie likes the resaved versions of them.

Which it might.

:D

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg