Macintosh OS/restore an unsaved iWork PAges

Question
QUESTION: Please help !!!

Can I restore or retrieve back my assignment which I din't save ?
I accidentally close the iWork Pages before save it.

I have no time machine.

Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
Pages ' 09 Version 4.1

ANSWER: Some software allows you to open a temporary file created as you work on an unsaved doc.
Open Pages and see if you have a choice of recent documents.
I do not believe this will work.
Save you file when you create it, save frequently, get a backup hard drive and turn on Time Machine.

Read some of the links in this search
https://www.google.com/search?q=pages+open+unsaved+document

QUESTION: Is it purchasing on "Recovery Data Mac" software can helped ?

Answer
An unsaved document may or may not have a temporary file created.
It will be unlisted in the directory unless the application maintains temp files like word.
I would not waste time and money on recovery software (I recover data and have done that for 20 years)
Your document is almost certainly gone.
BACKUP IS IMPORTANT

Working on a complex file, it is important to save it a MyFile01, MyFile02, etc every hour or less. You will not lose more than an hours work. This is what Time Machine does.
THIS IS IMPORTANT

My site of Mac Troubleshooting Links is here   http://www.scoop.it/t/mac-tech-support

Macintosh OS

David Anders