Macintosh OS/mac vs pc for software development

Question
what are the pros and cons of a macbook vs a pc for software and internet development? I hear that most developers  are using mac nowadays but dont know why. thanks

Answer
Tom,

Web development? It's a draw. Lots of graphic designers prefer macs.

Software development? That's different. With the mobile 'gold rush' going on, the only platform you can write for iOS is a mac.

You can always get Vmware or Parallels (PC virtualization software) to run a full PC on your mac. The opposite isn't true.

If this is 100% about cost? I'd ask you specifically what development you wanted to do and make the decision based on that.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg