Macintosh OS/mac vs pc for software development

what are the pros and cons of a macbook vs a pc for software and internet development? I hear that most developers  are using mac nowadays but dont know why. thanks

Web development? It's a draw. Lots of graphic designers prefer macs.

Software development? That's different. With the mobile 'gold rush' going on, the only platform you can write for iOS is a mac.

You can always get Vmware or Parallels (PC virtualization software) to run a full PC on your mac. The opposite isn't true.

If this is 100% about cost? I'd ask you specifically what development you wanted to do and make the decision based on that.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.