Macintosh OS/Transfer Bookmarks to CD

Question
Hello!  Can you tell us how to store  bookmark files onto a CD?  Eventually we will be getting another mac and would want to transfer them.   We have a Mac OSX 10.4.11 Tiger.  Thanks!

Answer
Harold,

There are two ways this can work:

First, in Safari (and I'm assuming you're talking about safari) there may (or may not) be a choice in the file menu to "Export Bookmarks."

I say that there may not be a choice - because I don't know when Apple added it.

Similarly, there's an import bookmarks that you'll use ont he new Mac.

If not, let me know and I'll give you some other suggestions.

Second way is more magical. When you go to the new mac and set it up, you'll have the option to 'migrate' your existing user to the new mac - and it'll then copy everything that makes your existing Macintosh to the new one - email, itunes, iphoto and yes, your bookmarks.

Hope that helps - let me know about the import/export!

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg