Macintosh OS/image file

My graduation was today and after importing the photos something happened and the images were wiped from the sd card so  I had to download a card recovery programme. It worked!! All the photos are back however some show up as a thumbnail but the preview is just grey. The only data info difference I can see is the size is 66kb where as the others are around 5mb. Is there anyway I can get the images to open?

I tried photoshop illustrator bridge adobe and preview.
Thank you

Download another recovery utility and try recover again.

66Kb will never be anything more than TINY.

There are many, some good, some not, some free, some not so much.

TestDisk and Photorec are arcane, free and powerful

You can do the recovery on a Windows machine also - Recova sometimes works and is free.

List of Data Recovery software

My preference is Data Rescue and is $100.

Top Ten Mac Data Recovery

Top Ten Win Data Recovery

Macintosh OS

David Anders

Seattle - The Computer Guy - 15 yr veteran Mac/PC/network problem solving. Clients are design firms, artists, freelancers and photographers. PLEASE PLEASE provide EXACT info for Mac Model and OS Version. RAM installed - added cards - external devices - recent changes. Do you do MONTHLY MAINTENANCE? With what Utility? What you have tried and what result do you want.

First computer experience 1969. Worked in 3 computer stores. Setup First Mac and First IBM-PC.