Macintosh OS/iTunes random ability

Question
My Bose Wave Radio will play MP3's, but does not have a "randamoize button". iTunes (11.0.4) does not have a random button operation that physically randomizes the songs. So when I burn the MP3 if does so according to the songs as they appear in the playlist. They can be sorted by artist , title etc but you cant arrange them for burning purposes in a random list. Is their a work around?   thanks

Answer
Ernie,

I don't know if any/all of these will work.

Build a playlist...then copy to play order Build a playlist. Move around the tracks the way you'd like. Then right click on the playlist and choose "Copy to Play Order". I think when you then burn the disc, you get what you're looking for.

Three other ideas aren't exactly a solution....

MP3 CDs This takes the CD concept even further. Some of the Bose Wave units can play MP3 CD's (which itunes can build) getting over 100 songs onto a single CD. Again use the Copy to Play order - at very least, more music per CD if it's supported.

Bluetooth Newer Bose Wave Radios have Bluetooth - and it's likely your mac does to. You could pair your mac to your Bose and as long as you're within 30-40 feet, you should be able to get it to playback through the Bose.

Airport express or Airport Extreme Depending on your home network, you can place an airport extreme router next to your Bose - it's possible to stream audio to the Airport Extreme which has an output for audio that can then be plugged into the Bose Wave.  

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg