Macintosh OS/Forgot password

Question
Hi Debba, I have a Mac G5 with OS 10.5.8  and I forgot my password.  I'm trying to set up Dropbox and it keeps asking for my password.  any idea how I can find it or set up a new one?

Thanks,

Earl

Answer
Earl, do you have your system disk?  Using that, you can unset your password and begin again.  It is MOST annoying when this sort of thing happens, so I feel your frustration.  Now, I'm not 100% sure how to go about it, but no point dragging on if you don't have that disk - so I'll wait to hear back from you before I go to the trouble of telling you what to do.  Since Macs are so intuitive, though, you may be able to figure it out yourself.  Give it a try.

Debba

Macintosh OS

Debba Robinson