Macintosh OS/Forgot password

Hi Debba, I have a Mac G5 with OS 10.5.8  and I forgot my password.  I'm trying to set up Dropbox and it keeps asking for my password.  any idea how I can find it or set up a new one?

Earl, do you have your system disk?  Using that, you can unset your password and begin again.  It is MOST annoying when this sort of thing happens, so I feel your frustration.  Now, I'm not 100% sure how to go about it, but no point dragging on if you don't have that disk - so I'll wait to hear back from you before I go to the trouble of telling you what to do.  Since Macs are so intuitive, though, you may be able to figure it out yourself.  Give it a try.

Macintosh OS

Debba Robinson

AppleWorks 6, Systems up to 10.3.5, general trouble-shooting of hardware and some software.

In years past I taught computer K-8 and helped maintain Macs using sytems 7 and 8. Since 2001, I have not been working with computers daily, aside from doing my own work. I dabble in helping people out and enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out answers to your problems. Systems 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all in my repertoire now, at various levels of expertise. Please, NO networking questions.