Macintosh OS/Yosemite to Snow Leopard

Hi David,

I upgraded to Yosemite from Snow Leopard on 20th October, but I don't like the new interface at all. Basically I want to go back to SL.

I thought that I could do this easily via Time Machine. The last backup I made was before upgrading, and expected to be able to use this. However, the only option I have is to use a 'full' backup I made in January - useless because of all the files etc I have since then.

So, if I do a clean install using the SL installation disc, will I then be able to access Time Machine and restore all the files and folders that were backed up on the 20th October? Or is there an easier option which doesn't necessitate doing a clean install?

Thank you

Before doing a major upgrade, using SuperDuper to make a bootable backup is wise.
OR if you have an extra hard drive or partition, make a bootable backup, boot to it and upgrade THAT partition|hard drive and test. That said...

If you clean install, you will be given the option to migrate data from your Time Machine. IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME, walk away and just wait for it (1 to 3 hours).

The best site for Time Machine answers is

Macintosh OS

David Anders

Seattle - The Computer Guy - 15 yr veteran Mac/PC/network problem solving. Clients are design firms, artists, freelancers and photographers. PLEASE PLEASE provide EXACT info for Mac Model and OS Version. RAM installed - added cards - external devices - recent changes. Do you do MONTHLY MAINTENANCE? With what Utility? What you have tried and what result do you want.

First computer experience 1969. Worked in 3 computer stores. Setup First Mac and First IBM-PC.