Macintosh OS/Problem (OSX Mavericks) PLEASE HELP!!

Question
QUESTION: hey man, so here is my problem..

every time i try to download something, i get redirected to the home page and nothing happens.

I'm on a Macbook Pro and i have osx mavericks 10.9.4

i tried to download HotSpot Shield. i go to their home page and click download and i get redirected to the home page and there is no download, NOTHING HAPPENS.

same thing with trying to download magnet links and .torrent files on Piratebay.se. i click "Get this Torrent" and i get REDIRECTED TO THE HOME PAGE. the .torrent file doesn't appear in Downloads. NOTHING HAPPENS!!

please help me. PLEASE!!

i've checked the permissions on the Macbook Pro and it says the account i'm using can read and write files.. so i don't really know what is going on.

ANSWER: Michael,

I can't answer questions about thepiratebay for obvious reasons.

Could you try this link and see if you're able to download?

It's a link to firefox - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?utm_source=firefox-com&utm_medium=referral

QUESTION: yes the link the firefox does download.

if you were to guess, what do you think is causing it?

what would cause something like this where certain files or links doesn't appear in downloads? i never had a problem with this with other macs.. do you think it has something to do with settings or configurations?

i just got this macbook pro. so it's probably in default settings.

Answer
Well, it seems that you can download files and that everything is okay.

I think the problem is specifically limited to the media you're trying to download.

Sad to say, I'm not allowed to comment on Torrent files, especially not about the Pirate bay. (It's illegal. I'll suggest you try somewhere like reddit.com/r/torrents

Sorry I can't be of more help with these.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg