Macintosh OS/Yosemite Fails to download after internet is interrupted

am trying to update my OS(currently it is mavericks on MAC Book Pro 13 inch) to Yosemite . But i have some internet connectivity issues here.After hour or so my internet is down for a moment
and then it is up again. So When my yosemite download is interrupted i get a message
“Yosemite failed to download.Please try again”. Shouldn’t the download resume when internet is up again?

Prior to 10.7, my answer would have been to send you a link to a "Stand Alone" installer for the OS.

Starting with 10.7, you can only get OSX from apple via the Apple Store.

If you have a bad Internet connection,, the solution is to go to an Apple Store.

I'm not sure where there is an Apple Dealer near where you live.

So, my only (legal) answer is that the Apple store is the only real solution - but the Yosemite full download has been seen on various torrent websites, even though I can't suggest them.

Hope that helps!

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.