Macintosh OS/I'M WAITING

I was wondering would you please tell me: should I wait a while to do a software update after it comes out?

If the answer is "yes, i should wait" would you please advise me on how long?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)

Dear Cameron,

The BIG answer here is that it really is up to you.  Some people wait a few months (2 or 3) to see if there are any major problems.  Others dive right in and get the 'latest and the greatest'.  No matter when you decide to update, ALWAYS be sure that you back up your computer BEFORE you begin the update!  

Macintosh OS

Debba Robinson

AppleWorks 6, Systems up to 10.3.5, general trouble-shooting of hardware and some software.

In years past I taught computer K-8 and helped maintain Macs using sytems 7 and 8. Since 2001, I have not been working with computers daily, aside from doing my own work. I dabble in helping people out and enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out answers to your problems. Systems 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all in my repertoire now, at various levels of expertise. Please, NO networking questions.