Macintosh OS/Mac ports and homebrew unistall

Question
Dear Tony Eastwood,

I am a totally newbie user and I was trying to install a software on mac for cropping the images in small tiles, so the software that I downloaded it requested me to install homebrew or mac port since doesn't has any graphic interface (imagemagick).
I installed homebrew from console by downloading it with a command that they writed down on theyr website. Than I was not able to use it because when i runned the command "hombrew doctor" it gave to me 7 warining or so, so I didn't wanted to fix them even because I'm not able to do so, I resigned and tryed to unistall it by running:

function abort {
echo "$1"
exit 1
}

set -e

/usr/bin/which -s git || abort "brew install git first!"
test -d /usr/local/.git || abort "brew update first!"

cd `brew --prefix`
git checkout master
git ls-files -z | pbcopy
rm -rf Cellar
bin/brew prune
pbpaste | xargs -0 rm
rm -r Library/Homebrew Library/Aliases Library/Formula Library/Contributions
test -d Library/LinkedKegs && rm -r Library/LinkedKegs
rmdir -p bin Library share/man/man1 2> /dev/null
rm -rf .git
rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/Homebrew
rm -rf ~/Library/Logs/Homebrew
rm -rf /Library/Caches/Homebrew

But I'm not sure that this disinstalled it totally 100% and I'm not even sure that It worked.
Anyway I tryed to dowload mac port after and installing it with the package they provide. I was no able to run the software for crop the image anyway so I become very very frustrated and I wanted to disinstall mac port as well. Now I don't know what to do!!

I tryed to do: sudo port -fp uninstall installed

But it says "Error: No ports matched the given expression"

I just want to go out from this nightmare and remove totally any trace of macport and homebrew and I will use a different softaware for the images cropping, I am a totally noooob in programming and scripts and this stuff, I don't understand almost nothing of it... please I really need some help from a pro to cleanup my mac with a clean unistallation without making a mess and deleting stuff that I need and at the same time with deleting everything.

THANKS SO MUCH, really really really appreciate

Best regards,

David

Answer
Hello David

I'm a little puzzled as to how my AllExperts account is live given that I resigned from the site a year or more ago.

Anyway ...

1   I don't think I would be able to help anyway. I have never heard of the software in question, and sharing information regarding terminal commands is risky at best when done form afar.

2  I think you would have more success by communication with other HomeBrew users.
   There is a forum dedicated to supporting end users: at the following link:
http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/

Be sure to share your operating system information.
This can be found by clicking on the Apple menu at the top left of your screen and then clicking on the "About this Mac" menu item.
More info regarding this at the following link:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1633

Sorry that I cannot help more.

Good luck

Regards

Tony

Macintosh OS

Retired Mac user.