Macintosh OS/Iphoto problem

QUESTION: Been using  iphoto for sometime now. Somehow it has been deleted from the applications folder. I reinstalled it from  'time machine', but it  will not open my  photos. The dialogue box informs me that they were created with a different version of iphoto. Please advise

I'm not sure what you've done.

My fear is that iPhoto was removed...and you replaced it with an old version (hence the "iPhoto won't open your library."

Let me mention the happy part. Your photos are fine - and if we needed to, we could access them.

What I'd like to do is get iPhoto working.

What version of OSX are you using? (Apple Menu - About this Mac)

Do you have the App Store in your Applications?

The easiest thing would be to download the latest version from Apple. If your system is newer, they included it for free. If your system is older, we have to determine which version you have and point you towards the latest version that you're legally entitled to.

QUESTION: Thanks  Jeff I'm using  version 10.6.8

iLife came with your machine -
I'm not sure if you should have iPhoto 8 (iLife 09) or iPhoto 9 (iLife 11.)

Apple provided upgrades for each version, but required you to buy to get the next revision.

In theory, you should be able to go to the apple menu and choose Software update and it should update it.

I think this is the last iPhoto 09 update that you can use:

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.