Macintosh OS/LETS BUILD SAND CASTLES

Question
(This is not a spam question or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please explain to me in a simple way that I can understand: wot does it mean by sandboxing?

Thanks

Answer
Cameron,

Sandboxing is the idea in an operating system that keeps everything divided, like in a sandbox from each other.

Basically, one program isn't allowed to talk to another program. This way, if there were to be some sort of virus or malicious software, it could only damage itself.

The iPhone does this - in essence, each App has it's own "Documents' folder, rather than all of them sharing the same one.

That's the simple answer.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg