Macintosh OS/Flash drive

Flash drive 1GB, with iMac.  Emptied previous Flash content weeks ago, trash repeatedly emptied, but now Flash only has 25MB available.  How can I get back to the full 1GB available space?

Hi, Frank,

First off, you must have the flash drive in the port when you empty the trash.  That could be your mistake.  If that doesn't solve your problem, I would reformat using Disk Utility.  Let me know if you need assistance to do that.

Macintosh OS

Debba Robinson

AppleWorks 6, Systems up to 10.3.5, general trouble-shooting of hardware and some software.

In years past I taught computer K-8 and helped maintain Macs using sytems 7 and 8. Since 2001, I have not been working with computers daily, aside from doing my own work. I dabble in helping people out and enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out answers to your problems. Systems 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all in my repertoire now, at various levels of expertise. Please, NO networking questions.