Macintosh OS/iCLOUD

I don't like this software called iCloud ! I think that I don't utilize it, therefore, I want to shut it off, entirely.
1- is it possible to remove or shut it down 100 % ?
2- are there negative repercussions if it is shut down ?

I  admit to being  100 % ignorant towards this I cloud !
It always  generates annoying pop ups that I have to  close, which makes me want to remove it !

Parts of it, yes.

Most of it is controlled by the system preference called "iCloud"

If you're not signed in, it's not getting used. But I'm not sure that it won't bother you - if a service requires it's use (like parts of iTunes) then it's likely you'll see the popup.

> It always  generates annoying pop ups that I have to  close, which makes me want to remove it !

Well, Apple, just like everyone else is trying to do a combination of cloud integration.

Wouldn't it be great if you started working on a document on your computer and then could pick it up on your phone? Or start a book on your iPad and finish it on your computer or phone?

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.