Macintosh OS/2008 iMac looking for upgrade

iMac 2008 OSX 10.5.8
2.4GHz intel core 2 duo
1G memory

1. I tried to upgrade OS but the hardware doesn't allow me to do the last OS.
2. The memory is old that it's not available on apple store

I'm wondering if there's a way to make this iMac better since it doesn't support to upgrade the latest firefox, chrome, flashplayer, iTune, quicktimeplayers etc. and that's driving me crazy :(

So, this is a 7 year old computer!

It's almost time that it's too old...but for some extra life..

If this is your system:

You can upgrade the RAM...which will let you upgrade to the current OS...and I'd even go as far as to suggest upgrading the hard drive - to something larger or even an SSD!

My only concern, would be that spending money on Ram (130), a new HD (200) - a $300 might want to look into a new/used MacMini at $500 or so and have new components.

See what you think,

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.