Macintosh OS/2008 iMac looking for upgrade

Question
iMac 2008 OSX 10.5.8
2.4GHz intel core 2 duo
1G memory

1. I tried to upgrade OS but the hardware doesn't allow me to do the last OS.
2. The memory is old that it's not available on apple store

I'm wondering if there's a way to make this iMac better since it doesn't support to upgrade the latest firefox, chrome, flashplayer, iTune, quicktimeplayers etc. and that's driving me crazy :(

Answer
Anderson,

So, this is a 7 year old computer!

It's almost time that it's too old...but for some extra life..

If this is your system: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-2-duo-2.4-20-inch-alu

You can upgrade the RAM...which will let you upgrade to the current OS...and I'd even go as far as to suggest upgrading the hard drive - to something larger or even an SSD!

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/iMac/Intel_Core_2_Duo_PC2-6400

My only concern, would be that spending money on Ram (130), a new HD (200) - a $300 upgrade....you might want to look into a new/used MacMini at $500 or so and have new components.

See what you think,

Best

JG

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg