(This is not a spam question or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please explain to me in a simple way that I can understand: when the wireless mouse or keyboard on mac computers lose their connection, how do they get the connection back just by pressing a letter on the keyboard or pressing the mouse button?

Your mac is constantly monitoring bluetooth spectrum (it's a type of radio.) It has a list of things it was connected to. They 'pair' to agree that they are allowed to talk to each other.

You touch the keyboard, which knows it isn't connected *and* remembers the last thing it was connected to.  It says "Where are you?" the moment you press the key. Over and over again, for 30 seconds (or so.)

The mac sees it, says, hey, "we're friends" and boom, they reconnect. This happens all inside of a second if everything is right.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.