Macintosh OS/adobe and pdf opening

Question
adobe says no
adobe says no  
Hi Jeff. I have just encountered a problem whereby my pdfs don't  open any more. I get the attached image/message when I try. The suggestion is that I need to have Photoshop installed in order to open a pdf, but that seems silly.

I have no idea why this just began, whether I did something to precipitate it. Oh, I did try to install the program required, Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional Reader .... I only need to be able to open pdfs!

I can't see whether the image has 'worked' ...

Answer
Janet,

There's a tool called Preview on your Mac. It'll allow you to open PDF files.

If that works, right click on one PDF, get info and then change the "Open with" choice to Preview.

Acrobat is giving you this response because you have the "Professional" version installs. It's trying to set up it's licensing and running into a problem. Therefore, by launching Photoshop or some other component in the Adobe suite, it'll be able to sort it out.

Preview is faster (and often easier) than Adobe Acrobat.

See if that works.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg