Macintosh OS/mac os

Question
i bought a used macbook.  when i boot, i just see
a folder with a question mark? i have the tiger os
dvd os.  do i press any key combo when
loading that os?  what key do i press to eject a
cd?

i also have macbook pro - dual core with i believe 10.6.6 -
can i upgrade the os or is the hardware obsolete?

thanks

mac rookie

Answer
>    i bought a used macbook.  when i boot, i just see a folder with a question mark? i have the tiger os
dvd os.  do i press any key combo when loading that os?

This system may (or may not) have a working Hard Drive. If you have a Generic Tiger OS DVD, holding down the "C" keep boots off the CD/DVD drive.

> what key do i press to eject a cd?

Hold down the mouse/trackpad key on reboot and it'll eject it.

> i also have macbook pro - dual core with i believe 10.6.6 - can i upgrade the os or is the hardware obsolete?

Hard to say - go to everymac.com and look up your specific system - it'll tell you the max upgrade and what the exact capabilities of the hardware.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg