Macintosh OS/mac os

receive folder with question mark when booting?
want to load tiger os.  press any key combo when
loading new os?  this is on a used macbook i just

Vince, I'm not exactly sure what your question is but i'll try to answer what my interpretation is and then you can get back to me with what I don't figure out.

A ? on a folder when booting means that the computer can't find the system folder.  If you have put a system CD into the slot, it will eventually find a system there so you just wait.  If you know there is a working system on the hard drive and want to boot from the CD, you hold down the 'c' key until you see the OS beginning, then you can let go.

I'm not sure what the rest means.  Please let me know so I can completely address your question.

Macintosh OS

Debba Robinson

AppleWorks 6, Systems up to 10.3.5, general trouble-shooting of hardware and some software.

In years past I taught computer K-8 and helped maintain Macs using sytems 7 and 8. Since 2001, I have not been working with computers daily, aside from doing my own work. I dabble in helping people out and enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out answers to your problems. Systems 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all in my repertoire now, at various levels of expertise. Please, NO networking questions.