Macintosh OS/unwanted pop ups

I get "pop up ads" from xfinity wifi. They are the only pop ups I get. When I go to unsuscribe ) they call it managing I do not get through to any place to unsubscribe, I get nowhere then after a minute or two the window dissapears. Is their a setting somewhere that I can use to stop this?  thanks

Xfinity routers now have a Public Wifi connection for Xfinity subscribers to use when away from home.  It is difficult to remove.
Do you have your own internet connection, or using a neighbors?  You connect wirelessly or an ethernet cable to your router?
In the System Preferences, under the Apple menu, the Network Preference Pane shows your network connections. The Wi-Fi connection in the Left pane shows the status of the Wi-Fi connection.
At the bottom, is an "Advanced" button.
The Tabs in the advanced setup includes a list of preferred or recent Wi-Fi connections.
You can add and remove and change the order they connect.
There is probably one called "xfinitywifi" highlight it and click the "-" button.

Good luck, that should solve it.
There is adware that you CAN get and there is AdwareMedic for that problem.

These links go into greater detail...
Google "remove xfinitywifi popups"

Macintosh OS

David Anders

Seattle - The Computer Guy - 15 yr veteran Mac/PC/network problem solving. Clients are design firms, artists, freelancers and photographers. PLEASE PLEASE provide EXACT info for Mac Model and OS Version. RAM installed - added cards - external devices - recent changes. Do you do MONTHLY MAINTENANCE? With what Utility? What you have tried and what result do you want.

First computer experience 1969. Worked in 3 computer stores. Setup First Mac and First IBM-PC.