Hello Debba:

Roughly 8 years ago, a teenager I knew, took 100 jpeg files
from me, and made a slide show, on a dvd. I could watch it on
my television. He made it on his father's mac computer, and
claimed the application was part of the OS.

I'd like to explore that process now. Are you familiar with
a procedure, or an app that can be used on OS X  to create jpeg slide shows ?

All feedback is much appreciated.

Hi, James.  This is SO easy!  You simply open iPhoto, import the pictures (make them a separate folder / event so you get only those pictures in your slide show) and then click on the slideshow button at the bottom of the screen or in the menu bar after selecting all the pictures.  You should then be able to save the slideshow to a disk to view it elsewhere.  There are probably a few other steps I'm missing but, I'll bet you can figure it out once you get started.

My iPhoto isn't working at the moment and I don't have time to fix it - so I'm going on memory.  In any case, if you are willing to explore a bit and use HELP, you should do just fine.  I'll be away until Wednesday, July 8 --- if you need more help, please contact me after that.

Macintosh OS

Debba Robinson

AppleWorks 6, Systems up to 10.3.5, general trouble-shooting of hardware and some software.

In years past I taught computer K-8 and helped maintain Macs using sytems 7 and 8. Since 2001, I have not been working with computers daily, aside from doing my own work. I dabble in helping people out and enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out answers to your problems. Systems 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all in my repertoire now, at various levels of expertise. Please, NO networking questions.