Macintosh OS/system font

Hello Debba.

Can we enlargen the system fonts ? I find no reference to this
anywhere. In OS 8,I could access this in the VIEW drop menu, plus desktop icon sizes. Not anymore.

Also, I installed some new system font that was recommended
in a mac newsletter, and it is even smaller than the default
font. Now my desktop fonts size is just too small and
uncomfortable to read. YIKES !

Go to the Finder - Choose VIEW in the menu bar and go to View Options (Command J)- Choose your text size and icon sizes there.  That should handle your desktop.

When using particular programs (like Firefox / Safari / Chrome) you can increase the size of the text by using Command+ and decrease by using Command-.

What programs are you using when the text is too small?  That would help me considerably, to know that.

Macintosh OS

Debba Robinson

AppleWorks 6, Systems up to 10.3.5, general trouble-shooting of hardware and some software.

In years past I taught computer K-8 and helped maintain Macs using sytems 7 and 8. Since 2001, I have not been working with computers daily, aside from doing my own work. I dabble in helping people out and enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out answers to your problems. Systems 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all in my repertoire now, at various levels of expertise. Please, NO networking questions.