Macintosh OS/Icloud Removal

On my OSX YOSEMITE, there is an annoying software called Icloud.
I want to erase it. I can't stand how it pops up everywhere. I don't use, I don't know what it is,
and I need to get rid of it.

How can I accomplish this ?

iCloud is not a piece of software as such, it is the cloud based service Apple uses to sync things together. For example, if you add an appoitment in your iCalendar, on your Mac, it will also appear on your iPhone or iPad. You can even go to:

and login using your Apple ID and password. Here you see your contacts, calendar etc.

There is also an iCloud drive. This is cloud based storage which allows you to access files remotely.

If you go to Apple Menu, System preferences and select iCloud you can tuen off iCloud or just individual services. It is, however, very useful to keep.

Before switching it off, have a look at:

This will tell you a little more about the benefits it offers.

Macintosh OS

Jason Vaughan

Mac OS system, including terminal commands Filemaker pro Networking Server and Client IOS Integration Lighting Control

Apple Certified technical coordinator (ACTC), certified help desk specialist. Ran Domain name registration company using Mac and Filemaker pro. Around 18 years of Mac networking and engineering experience. Currently have a high end home automation and audio visual company based in central London. I am certified as an electrician and on various lighting control systems (Crestron, Lutron, Control 4, rako etc)

MacFormat Magazine TheNet MacUser magazine

Apple ATTC Apple Help Desk Specialist Lutron Homeworks certified Savant Audio Visual certified City and Guilds copper and fibre network trained Panasonic IP phone system certified Control4 automation certified HAI certified Rako lighting certified Crestron Lighting Programmer certified Qualified electrician