QUESTION: I cannot find a folder I have,( containing jpeg files)\
titled GRAPHICS.
SPOTLIGHT shows it in the little window, but doesn't tell me where the folder is located so I can retrieve it manually.
I can drag/ drop from the spotlight window to the desktop, which will copy that folder.

But I cannot locate the darn folder. I rebooted computer. No dice ! How can A folder become invisible to me, but not to

When you select the file - go to the file menu and choose "Reveal in Folder" or CMD-R

I followed your instruction. In the FILE  menu, there is no choice called REVEAL IN FOLDER. I can snapshot that drop menu if you need evidence.

The ' copied' graphics folder is now available to me, but the original, from which the copy was made, is still non existent.
Since making a desktop copy, SPOTLIGHT no longer sees the original.
Is this logical, or am I simply a user/ dolt ?
I really cannot determine this.
But I promise you this, the GRAPHICS folder on my desktop was copied from the window of SPOTLIGHT. I even gave the copy a different name. So, Spotlight should reveal the
original, and the copy.
Am I being logical ?
I must suspect that this mystery must seem trivial to a techhead like yourself ?

When I contacted you 2 weeks ago, cuz the computer kept shutting itself off, well,that behaviour simply ceased one day. I did nothing to induce the change.
So I could become superstitious, almost ! YIKES !

I'm not sure - if spotlight isn't showing both, then there is only the "copied" set.

Try a different search, click on a file and hit CMD-R.

The only possibility on why CMD-R doesn't work/isn't there, would be that you're running a much older version of the OS.  

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.