(This is not a spam question or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please tell me: do mac computers have protective memory?

If they do, would you please explain to me in a simple way that I can understand: wot does that mean?

Protected memory restricts sections of memory to a specific program.

Let's say you're running three programs: The Finder, Safari and Mail.  Each asks for some of the memory that you have. Each is partitioned off (yes, like sand.)  They're not allowed to access the other programs memory.

So, while safari might find it useful to access some information in Mail - it's not permitted to.

This prevents malicious software from reading other software that's using memory right now.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.