Macintosh OS/RESCUE ME 2

Question
QUESTION: (This is not a spam or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please explain to me in a easy way that I can understand: wot does lion recovery actually mean?

ANSWER: Macs no longer have cd or DVD drives and therefore Apple do not have a startup disc to reinstall your system, if it gets corrupted.

Instead it has a recovery mode which allows you to start up your machine from a separate recovery partition on the hard disc.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

And

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/mac-startup-options/

Lion recovery is for Mac OS 10.7.

QUESTION: (This is not a spam or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please explain to me in a easy way that I can understand: how does lion recovery work?

Answer
You first restart the computer in recovery mode. To do this, restart whilst holding the CMD and R keys down. You will then see the recovery screen. You get four choices:

Restore from Time Machine
Reinstall MacOSX
Get Help Online
Disc Utility

If you a Timemachine backup and you choose restore from Timemachine backup, the computer will be wiped, new software installed and then your machine restored from the last backup.

The second option, Reinstall MacOSX will wipe your hard drive and install a new copy of the software, so it is just like a new computer

Online help will tell you everything you need to know about this section

Disc Utility allows you to partition, erase and format hard discs.

There is also a Utilities menu at the top of the screen. This will give you access to the Network utility and the Terminal. Terminal can be used to reset a user password, if you forget.

Macintosh OS

Jason Vaughan