Macs/Apples/itunes - quick question

Question
Hi -

Quick question ab. itunes.. if you don't mind. (I think a pretty easy one for you.)

When you sync your iPhone or iPad to your (Win7) PC - with the current iTunes version, does it sync EVERY single thing? (documents that you've created within apps / *youtube favs <imp - I have ab. 1000 or more> / all music & playlists / LOTS of desktop www shortcuts / podcasts / PDF's / books / etc... / everything!!) - So that I could import it all into a brand-new iPhone, & it would be exactly identical to the old one?

Thanks a lot!!

Answer
Chris,
Thanks for writing! This is exactly what iTunes does.  When you plug in your iPhone or iPad, the first step it takes is to back up the device.  On the device's summary page, you check a box to tell it to back up to the computer or iCloud.  
If it backs up to the computer, you can plug in the new device and restore it from a backup of an old device.
If the old device backs up to iCloud, you can even restore a backup to the new device without even plugging it in, if you have a fast enough internet connection.
Good luck and let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Macs/Apples

Ed Dyer