Macs/Apples/imovie keeps quitting!

Question
QUESTION: Hi! I have imovie 7.1.4, It keep sutting down after scanning ( apx. 12 sec. ) MY mac is Late 2005  G5 Power PC. OS 10.5.8, Can you Help? sincerely John

ANSWER: John,
Thanks for writing!  Does iMovie quit when you launch it? What are you doing, or what is iMovie displaying when it quits?  Have you updated iMovie recently?
Or the computer in any way?

Thanks!

QUESTION: Thanks for getting back so quickly . When it is launched, a Window comes up saying "scanning for Files" 12 or 15 sec. later it just quits. a Window comes up ( Do you wont to report this to Apple) The imovie Verson 7.1.4 it came with ilife 08 CD

Answer
John,
Thanks for writing back and sorry for the delay! It sounds as if iMovie is crashing due to a corrupt project or clip.  Navigate to your movies folder in your user folder, or wherever you are storing your iMovie projects.  Move the iMovie projects out to the desktop, and then, one by one, move the projects back in, relaunch iMovie, and try to narrow down which project or clip is causing the crash.  You'll want to let iMovie index or scan the project, successfully launch, and then quit it before moving the next one.

Good luck!

Macs/Apples

Ed Dyer