Macs/Apples/deleting folders in MAC OS (10.8.5)

Question
Dear Ed,

I have a main folder that has dozens of sub-folders and each sub folder has about 3 to 5 items in it, all with varying names and extensions. Is there a way to search the main folder for all the files and then I could copy / paste them into one folder?

Thanks,

Dennis

Answer
finder window search results
finder window search r  

main folder
main folder  
Dennis,
The spotlight search feature in the finder will do just this.  
1. Open the main folder
2. In the upper-right search field of that finder window, put in your search query (in the screenshot, I use the search term "document")
3. Open a new finder window with your destination folder, so that it is beside your first finder window.
4. Select the items you want to move/copy and drag them to that new folder.  If you're copying, hold down the OPTION key and release it after you release the documents, or just press command-C and then select the new folder and command-P.

Good luck!

Macs/Apples

Ed Dyer