Macs/Apples/LETS BUILD SAND CASTLES

Question
(This is not a spam question or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please explain to me in a simple way that I can understand: wot does it mean by sandboxing?

Thanks

Answer
Sandboxing is an important security technique that isolates programs, preventing malicious or malfunctioning programs from damaging or snooping on the rest of your computer.

A sandbox is a tightly controlled environment where programs can be run. Sandboxes restrict what a piece of code can do, giving it just as many permissions as it needs without adding additional permissions that could be abused.

For example, your web browser essentially runs web pages you visit in a sandbox. Theyíre restricted to running in your browser and accessing a limited set of resources ó they canít view your webcam without permission or read your computerís local files. If websites you visit werenít sandboxed and isolated from the rest of your system, visiting a malicious website would be as bad as installing a virus.

Macs/Apples

Elia Kanaki