Macs/Apples/BABY NEEDS A CHANGE

Question
(This is not a spam or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please explain to me in a easy way that I can understand: how does the mac know when the batteries in the wireless mouse and keyboard needs changing?

Answer
Cameron,
Thanks for writing!  While I don't have an in-depth knowledge of the technology, in simple terms the Mac and the Mouse have chips with BlueTooth transmitters that communicate with one another.  The mouse sends info that the battery is low to the computer, the computer tells you.  If you have any more questions, check out this FAQ: http://www.tech-faq.com/how-a-wireless-mouse-works.html

Thanks and good luck!

Macs/Apples

Ed Dyer