Magic and Illusion/can you tell me the solution because i saw it but i forgot the solution

it is a magic trick with 9 coins, and the magician asks you to use as many matchsticks as you want but create only two compartments separating all of them..... i know that the first compartment was around the center coin and the other one is a box that goes diagonally around all of them. i don't know how exactly it is placed

If you draw this as a 3x3 matrix, it should become clear - BUT I would build the NON centre compartment first - this is a diamond shape which leaves the four corners outside it.  The next one is a square which as you say is around the centre coin, but each corner of this should touch the middle of a line of the diagonal one - thus no one coin is in the same area as another one.

Magic and Illusion

Aidan Heritage

I'll do my best to help you with ANY aspect of this fascinating subject!

I've been a childrens magician since 1978, and am a full member of the IBM and Magic Circle (London, UK)

IBM, Magic Circle

See experience comments