Magic and Illusion/Quick Change Costume

I am a dance teacher and costume designer. I am needing to make a costume for a lyrical dance that changes colors on stage instantly. The female dancers are all dressed in white in the beginning, but need to change to black costumes instantly as the male dancer performs with them. Essentially signaling that his love for them has died and turning the females costume black.  Each female dancers costume can be pulled from the shoulders or the neck from the male dancer to reveal the other costume, but I am struggling on how to sew this correctly. I need help please.

I have thought about sewing a high waisted skirt that is black on top and lined with white underneath then folded and rolled in some fashion to become the skirt. but I am at a loss as to what fabric will be best suited for this project and how exactly to execute it properly. I have 8 identical female costumes to make and need serious help with this trick/illusion. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hi Michelle

Love the idea .... and a costume change will be wonderful to assist the emotion in your dance story.

I am unable to give any details about magic, costume changes or any marketed items on a response to a Public Question.

Your question already reveals more than is good .....

If you'd like some directions and tips .... you'll need to ask me in Private Mode.

What is your time scale on this?

Magic and Illusion

John Gordon - Master Magician

I am a professional performer, and attained status of Gold Star Member of The Inner Magic Circle and, over and above this highest degree, I am only one of about a dozen performers alive who has been awarded their coveted 'Silver Wand'. I perform at the highest level as well as train and coach both beginners and experts in learning a few tricks to creating a brand new award winning act. I ran The Summer School at The Magic Circle for many years as well as booked performers for the monthly public shows. I run a company called `MagicWorks` which provides magic for adult private and corporate events, television, film and theatre productions. I also hold training workshops and seminars, teleconferences and online training on using magic in business, performing at Trade Shows, Magic for Presenters etc and provide after dinner or conference talks and speeches all on the subject of business and personnel development. This includes creativity, presentation, online and offline marketing etc.

Whilst I have been a performer for many years I now spend an increasing amount of time as a personal and business coach, using magic as a metaphor in my teaching and training sessions. I have several Internet Businesses that include Coaching and Mentoring entertainers in the whole business of self Branding, Promotion, Marketing and filling their diaries with bookings.

I have been mentored by the leading magicians in the world and achieved top status at The Magic Circle. This means I became Gold Star Member Of The INNER Magic Circle! Also .... I am a trained coach.

I achieved Gold Star Member of The Inner Magic Circle I was awarded The Silver Wand by The Magic Circle for services to magic and TMC I was bestowed with Lifelong Membership of MOB - The Magicians Of Basingstoke