Magic and Illusion/Disappearing act for show

Question
Dear John, me and two of my friends are really into magic and in a months time will be doing an act at a middle school talent show. We have a few acts already but we are really looking for a disappearing act, more specifically one were we put in an assistant, show it is empty then pull out another person, then show it is empty again just to pull out the original assistant. I got this idea from a youtube video you might have seen and been asked about. Would you know how to construct one or where to buy one? The setting is a medium sized gym with about 250 people on a higher platform with the audience that has a curtain. Thanks.

Answer
Hi Elias

In just a moth .... wow ..... you don't have long to do this - better reply FAST and get it built and rehearsed!

Please send me the YouTube video libk so I get more idea which one you speak about. There's MANY ways to do this .... but better I see the same one as you!

You possibly could buy one or have it made for you but it'll probably cost a few hunders pounds / dollars minimum! Where are you based?

Not sure I understood your venue description. Did you mean to say that:
1) The audience is on a raised platform? Higher than the 'stage'? Please explain more.

2) The audience has a curtain? Why?

More info please .... and also PLEASE reply in Private Mode or I cannot talk more detail for you.

John

Magic and Illusion

John Gordon - Master Magician