Magic and Illusion/How to check if a card move has already been published or not?

Question
Can you tell me if there is a way I can find out if a card move is already been published or not. I use this card peak which came across while doing some other move and I would like to know if this peak has already been published or not. It looks like an easy one but I have not seen it around.

Answer
Hi Raed

What a GOOD question.

I am unable to discuss any details of your move here as you have asked the question in Public Mode - so I'll just say this:

It's great that you have asked and wondered about the originality of something and need to know if it already exists. Old ideas are being reinvented all the time! I presume you'd like to know out of sheer interest as you cannot copyright ideas in any case. However, if it IS original it is only fair that you publish it as soon as possible so that you get recognition for your contribution to card sleights and moves!

Do you have a video of the move you could forward to me? Could you send me a description of the 'move' .... ie how it looks to an audience and perhaps also the handling?

Whilst I am very knowledgeable on much of magic, I am not 100% conversant with every 'peek' invented and published. There ARE a few experts in this area and I think you should also contact them, initially by email and maybe then forwarding a video of your performance. If you write back in private mode I'll put you in touch with 3 or 4 people you need to ask for a definitive answer.

Hope to hear soon .....

John

Magic and Illusion

John Gordon - Master Magician