Magic and Illusion/levitating table trick

I've been trying to figure out how this clown/magician did this levitating table trick after he preformed it on me about 15 years ago as a child. The "Breaking the Magician's Code" method doesn't explain it since he moves his leg away in view of the audience and there can't be a forklift behind the stage since he has performed this trick in his home as well.

The trick can be seen from 0:20 to 1:00 (it's in Dutch though)

I would be glad finally solve this mystery,

Best regards,

Hi Robert

One great thing about good magic is that, things we see, often years and years ago by a performer, sometimes by an uncle or grand father .... stay with us for life. That's what magic is all about. Why do you want to spoil that now?

It was just that which created so much controversy when The Masked Idiot started and continued to reveal secrets. Secrets that had been guarded for centuries. Also, he made it seem 'normal' to reveal them as if he somehow owned these secrets. He stole them and then gave them away to millions spoiling the magic forever.

BUT .... REAL magicians didn't really care about losing a few secrets as we all have so much more. As you said .... he revealed a stupid ancient method only used 100 years ago on a only lit stage. And the TV show producers and the public bought it!

Whist I have been known to discuss ideas about magic methods on 'allexperts' ... I would never ever do that in public mode. And that's how you have raised this question. Magicians ask me questions in Private Mode. So, sorry ... I have to stop here :-(

Magic and Illusion

John Gordon - Master Magician

I am a professional performer, and attained status of Gold Star Member of The Inner Magic Circle and, over and above this highest degree, I am only one of about a dozen performers alive who has been awarded their coveted 'Silver Wand'. I perform at the highest level as well as train and coach both beginners and experts in learning a few tricks to creating a brand new award winning act. I ran The Summer School at The Magic Circle for many years as well as booked performers for the monthly public shows. I run a company called `MagicWorks` which provides magic for adult private and corporate events, television, film and theatre productions. I also hold training workshops and seminars, teleconferences and online training on using magic in business, performing at Trade Shows, Magic for Presenters etc and provide after dinner or conference talks and speeches all on the subject of business and personnel development. This includes creativity, presentation, online and offline marketing etc.

Whilst I have been a performer for many years I now spend an increasing amount of time as a personal and business coach, using magic as a metaphor in my teaching and training sessions. I have several Internet Businesses that include Coaching and Mentoring entertainers in the whole business of self Branding, Promotion, Marketing and filling their diaries with bookings.

I have been mentored by the leading magicians in the world and achieved top status at The Magic Circle. This means I became Gold Star Member Of The INNER Magic Circle! Also .... I am a trained coach.

I achieved Gold Star Member of The Inner Magic Circle I was awarded The Silver Wand by The Magic Circle for services to magic and TMC I was bestowed with Lifelong Membership of MOB - The Magicians Of Basingstoke