Major Appliances/KitchenAid Electric Range - No Oven Heat

JW wrote at 2013-02-26 04:12:21
This was the first information I found that solved my problem, and I've searched just about everything available online.  The little hard wired inline fuse in one of the red (hot) wires just downstream of the main incoming power block was bad.  I cut the fuse out and spliced the wire back together which provided a temporary fix. The broil, bake, and convection elements are all heating now. I will replace the inline fuse when I can find the part. Might have to purchase the 3 ft red wire along with the fuse, but shouldn't be expensive. Hope others benefit from this. I know repair services need business but unfortunately I was burned once too often recently by a part-time HVAC service person from my church thinking I was helping him, and later discovered that I paid him $500 to replace a $20 relay switch. I'll be a DIY whenever I can now, and I'm grateful for the Internet and all the helpful advice out there.  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business