Major Appliances/Side leak of Whirpool Dishwasher

Chris Snyder wrote at 2016-06-11 08:48:52
THANK YOU for posting this question.  I have a GE GSD500L-20BA that is doing the exact same thing.  A little water splashes out those slots on the sides - I don't know why it's designed this way.  Water shoots into that "water guide" in the side when the solenoid opens and goes into the tub - it's not a solid pipe going into the tub.  Is kind of like the air gap on the drain.  I don't know why they do it this way.  I'm just going to silicone the side slots and leave the top open (there won't be much space.  I used a long cotton swab to clean inlet and all seems clear - I assume mineral deposits wore something in the inlet and water splashes.  The repair expert said to check water supply hose is not blocked, but this is more like too much water coming in.  Maybe expert meant any blockage could cause water turbulence coming in and that makes it splash.  There's evidence this has been happening for a while by deposits on a sheet metal under the tub (drips from this leak to the metal sheet).  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business