Major Appliances/Power inter. activates oven cleaner

Question
Had a brief power interruption (5-10 seconds) and when power came back on the GE range's self-cleaning oven activated on its own. Oven door locked and I was unable to cancel the action. Had to throw circuit breaker. Model JSP28GONBG, serial TD254610Q or G. Appreciate your thoughts/suggestions. Thank you.

Answer
Try unplugging the unit and then have someone hold tight against the oven door to insure the light switch is activated.  Now restore power and the unit should reset.  I have reset many over the years like this and the unit continues to work.  If not, you would remove the rear cover and then the screws that secure the locking mechanism.  This will allow you to troubleshoot further.  If you need help, we are here.....    Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion