Major Appliances/Whirlpool wed9150ww1

Question
I emailed about the dryer running when the door shuts even though it's not turned on. You suggested the control elect blew when it popped circuit breaker. I just replaced it and still same problem. So far I swapped door switch, Thermal fuse, control elec.
Any other ideas?
The lights come on on the control pad except the far left lights that show status.
Please help. Thank you very much.

Answer
The control could have been easily checked as the only thing on the board would have to be the start button sticking.  Other wise if that is good, the relay on the control board which is activated by the start button must be shorted.  If this shorted, inside the relay, the the contacts will have continuity all the time acting like the start button is being depressed constantly.  The start circuit is only momentary and kicks out once the dryer is started.  Check this and verify the relay is defective.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion