Major Appliances/Dryer

QUESTION: I had emailed you before about my Whirlpool dryer squeaking. It has stopped working completely-could it be anything else besides the motor at this point? Whirlpool LHE 5800 wi

ANSWER: With a voltage meter you can check for correct voltage at the terminal block....looking for 220 volts.  Do you have it?  Next I would check for continuity at the thermal fuse and the thermal safety.  The thermal fuse is located at the rear of the unit on the blower housing and the thermal safety is locate at the top of your heating element canister.  Let us know what you find and we will instruct further....    Eric

QUESTION: I am going to check it, but I wonder why the repairman did none of this-he pressed the start button and rotated the drum with his hand and said it was my motor. Are there any parts made using Teflon in new dryers? Whirlpool WED 4800 XQ or WED 4900 XW? Any Teflon parts in a new motor for my Whirlpool LHE 5800 WI?
Thank you,

You told me the dryer stopped working completely.  Your second line above.  The repairman must have heard the motor trying to start and then gave the motor a tug to see if the start winding was weak.  Apparently it was and said you need a new motor.  As far as I know, teflon parts are not in motors.  Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business