Major Appliances/Fridge not cooling

Question
Hi
I picked up a KitchenAid fridge ( KTRP20KDWHO3)a couple days ago.The previous owner moved it from one house to another on its side,the lights and fan work but no cooling/freezing.I have left the fridge upright for 24 hrs and then plugged it in still not working.Do you have any suggestions?The fridge is in very good condition otherwise.          Thanks Mike

Answer
It's too early (after you plugged it in) to be a defrost problem. If the freezer fan is running, and the compressor is running, the unit has a sealed system leak and is scrap. If the freezer fan or condenser fan are NOT running (at the same time), that would be where to look. If the compressor is not running (and the fans are), either the compressor has failed, or the relay pack itself has failed. If the relay is a little white box, remove it and shake it-if it rattles, replace it with the solid state relay that it subs to.

Major Appliances

Carl Goodwin