Major Appliances/GE broiler element

I replaced the baking element in my GE stove without a problem.  The broiler element stopped working.  I ordered 1, attempted to replace but the new one didn't work either.  I took the voltage and it pulls around 35-45 volts.  Is this right?  Could the new element be bad?  Is there a way to test the elements, i.e. continuity, etc?

You need 220 volts at the two terminal connecting to your bake element.  Please supply the model number so I can take a closer look at your unit and offer suggestions.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business